Sumitomo Mitsui Auto Service Co., Ltd. ("the
Company") recognizes the importance of protecting personal information and privacy. It is the Company's principle of business and social responsibility to collect, use, and appropriately handle personal information in a fair and legitimate way.
When using personal information within the scope of business operations, the Company's directors, officers, employees and others concerned act in strict compliance with Japan's "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" (the "Act"), this policy, and the Company rules setting forth the protection of personal information, in order to respond to customer expectations for and confidence in the Company. To appropriately address advancements in information technology, the Company will continuously improve its management framework and its measures for personal information protection.
Handling of Personal Information
- Purposes of Use of Personal Information
The Company uses customer personal information for the following purposes, unless otherwise permitted by law.
- 1. Business operations related to acquisition, hiring, leasing, maintenance and repair, testing, and inspection of the following properties and rights:
a. automobiles, vehicles, and their components and supplies
movable properties other that those stated in a. above
- 2. Acquisition, hiring and lease of copyrights, patent rights, utility model rights and other rights
- 3. Buying and selling of used automobiles and other vehicles and forklifts
- 4. Financial operations
- 5. Consulting operations
- 6. Governance and management associated with holding stocks of a company engaged in any of the operations stated in each of the preceding items
- 7. All other business operations related to each of the preceding items
(2)Purposes of Use
- 1. To conduct the business operations stated in (1) above (including cases where the Company analyzes the customer's browsing history and action history, etc.)
- 2.To make credit decisions regarding transactions with customers, credit management after lending credibility including debt collection, and to conduct post-contract management after the contract has been terminated
- 3. To provide maintenance and insurance services, etc. for automobiles, vehicles, etc. (including receiving reports on vehicle accidents, providing management information through the Company's online system, etc.) (including cases where the Company analyzes the customer's browsing history and action history, etc.)
- 4. To conduct business operations related to registration (new, alteration, relocation and deletion) of automobiles, etc.
- 5. To conduct business operations related to the sale or disposal of automobiles, etc.
- 6. To entrust personal information to an external contractor when the Company entrusts business operations (automobile registration, maintenance, insurance contract and coverage, computer work, payment settlement and any other related operations) to such external contractor
- 7. To provide personal information to an automobile manufacturer or car dealer for the purpose of collecting information for automobile safety management, providing security information and maintenance information (including information when repairs, etc. are required)
- 8. To provide personal information to third parties to the extent necessary for the appropriate conduct of business operations, such as when the Company provides personal information to an affiliated credit information agency on making credit decisions
- 9. To conduct such entrusted business operations in the case where all or part of the processing of personal information is entrusted by another business operator, etc
- 10. To verify the authenticity or credentials of a customer
- 11. After measuring customer interest in products and services by analyzing customer browsing history and other information, (a) to provide business information such as mailing promotional materials or printed materials regarding business conducted by the Company and its business partners, etc., and (b) to inform and propose products (including new products) and services
- 12. To research, develop and improve financial products and services such as leasing, installment sales, etc. (including new products and services) by conducting market research, data analysis, and surveys, etc. (including cases where the Company analyzes the customer's browsing history and action history, etc.)
- 13. To provide information and to consider whether or not to hire an applicant upon receiving a recruitment application or inquiry (including cases where the Company analyzes the customer's browsing history and action history, etc.)
- 14. To perform the rights or duties of the Company based on a contract with a customer or under law, or for purposes where particular consent is obtained
- 15. To appropriately and smoothly conduct any other transactions with customers
- Use of Personal Information
The Company will use personal information within the scope of the specified purposes.
The Company will obtain the prior consent of the customer when using personal information outside of this scope.
- Appropriate Collection of Personal Information
The Company will collect personal information in an appropriate and legal way within the scope necessary to accomplish the purposes of use specified in "Purposes of Use of Personal Information" above.
- Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company will not disclose, entrust or provide personal information to a third party without the customer's prior consent, excluding the following cases:
(1) When the Company entrusts all or part of its business operations to an agent, an affiliated store, a maintenance workshop, a system developer or operator, a seller of a vehicle under lease contract, etc., within the scope necessary to accomplish the purposes of use stated in "Purposes of Use of Personal Information" above. With respect to outsourcing to third parties in foreign countries, the Company provides personal information to its subsidiaries in India, Thailand and Australia in connection with the entrusting of business operations.
(2) When required by law
(3) When information is necessary for protecting the life, body, property, etc., of an individual, in the case where it is difficult to obtain the customer's consent.
(4) When information is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or for promotion of the sound upbringing of children, in the case where it is difficult to obtain the customer's consent.
(5) When it is necessary to cooperate with a national institution, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted to execute affairs prescribed by the laws and regulations, in the case where obtaining the customer's consent is likely to impede the conduct of the business operations.
(6) In addition to the above, when justified by law.
- Shared Use of Personal Information
The Company may share any personal information collected by the Company with its affiliate companies, to respond to the diverse needs of customers and appropriately practice business administration or risk management within the corporate group, as follows
Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc.,
Sumitomo Mitsui Finance and Leasing Company, Limited,
Ace Auto Lease Corporation,
Mazda Auto Leasing Co., Ltd.,
Cedyna Auto Lease Co., Ltd,
SMA Support Co., Ltd.,
Space Move Corporation,
i SMAS Company, Limited
(2)Purposes of Use of Shared Users
- 1, To develop, promote, and provide products, services, etc.
- 2, To appropriately practice business administration and risk management such as identification/management of miscellaneous risks, as the Sumitomo Mitsui Auto Service Group
(3)Contents of Shared Personal Information
Information within the scope necessary to accomplish the purposes of use stated in section (2) above, such as name, address, telephone number, etc. (including changes to information notified by the customer, etc.), and public information disclosed through the official gazette, etc.
(4)Person Responsible for Handling Personal Information
Sumitomo Mitsui Auto Service Co., Ltd.
For our address and representative, please click here
- Use of Sensitive Information
The Company shall not acquire, use or provide third parties with any sensitive information stipulated in the Guidelines for Personal Information Protection in the Finance Sector (Personal Information Protection Commission, Financial Services Agency Notification No.1 in 2017) and Guidelines for Personal Information Protection in the Credit Sector (Personal Information Protection Commission, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry Notification No. 1 in 2017), excluding the cases set forth in these Guidelines. The Company shall also not acquire sensitive personal information as stipulated in Article 2 (3) of the Act without the customer's prior consent, except as justified by law.
- Implementation of Safety Control Measures Regarding Personal Information
The Company will take appropriate safety control measures to prevent customer personal information from loss, falsification, leakage, etc. For details of the safety control measures regarding personal information implemented by the Company in addition to those described in "Measures Regarding Protection of Personal Information" below, please contact the address listed at the end of this policy.
In the event that the Company consigns the handling of personal information, it will appropriately supervise the contractor.
- Use of Google Analytics
- Disclosure Request Procedures for Retained Personal Data
When requested by a customer or representative to disclose retained personal data or records on third-party provision, or to make a correction, addition or deletion of, to cease utilization of, or to erase retained personal data, or to stop providing personal data to a third party, based on the law, the Company will appropriately and promptly comply with the predetermined procedures. Please see the Disclosure Request Procedure for more details.
- Measures Regarding Protection of Personal Information
The Company will take the following actions to ensure the full implementation of its policy regarding the protection of personal information:
(1)Implementation of awareness activities, in-house education and training for directors, officers, employees and other relevant persons
(2) Appointment of a responsible person for handling the protection of personal information and the appropriate handling of personal information
(3)Requesting the Company's business partners for the necessary cooperation to protect personal information
(4)Disclosure of this policy in a way possible for customers to view at any time
The Company will appropriately review and improve this policy regarding the handling of customers' personal information.
- Accredited Personal Information Protection Organization
Our Company is a member of the Japan Consumer Credit Association, which is a personal information protection organization accredited under the law.
Customer Service: +81-3-5645-3360
- Inquiries regarding Personal Information
The Company will appropriately and promptly respond to any comments or requests regarding the handling of personal information.
Please contact the sales representative or the following contact point for any comments, requests, or inquiries regarding personal information handling and safety control measures.
To make a complaint regarding the handling of personal information, please make contact as follows.
Personal Information Protection Support Office,
Sumitomo Mitsui Auto Service Co., Ltd.
3-20-2 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 163-1434
Tel. 0120-122-237 (available within Japan only)